Monday, June 12, 2017

ASSATEAGUE STATE PARK, BERLIN, MARYLAND      June 12-14


Well, here I am again!  Every year about this time my "better half" takes off for a Golf Trip to Penn National Resort with her golf League.  I seize the opportunity to spend a few days at my favorite camping ground... Assateague Island.If my photos look like the rest of them from our adventures at Assategue, its because I always like to get the same spot next to the dunes where there is nothing between me and the Atlantic Ocean but sand.


Perfect campsite - Perfect Weather... again!

There is something extremely therapeutic about being at the beach with a cold beer, cigar, zero gravity chair, and only a few other people... and of course the local residents!



Some of the wild Assateague Ponies.
The locals like to drop by every once in a while to check up on me!  They left when I told them I was out of beer!













I often hear from my non-camping friends, "Camping is staying at a Holiday Inn without room service".  

Hey, I get it, I also enjoy a nice resort on occasion.  But honestly, it's hard to find a hotel with these views, where you can sit next to a campfire at night and enjoy a cigar with a full service bar within arms length, fall asleep listening to the ocean crashing right next to you, pay less than it does to park, and wake up to fresh brewed coffee, magnificent sunrises and above all solitude.

The fish are in the room next door

So another pleasant trip to the beach is in the books.  The only thing that would have made it better was having my best friend Elliott along, but she also enjoyed her golf trip!



Wow, it was tough to find a good spot at the beach!

So until next time....  HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU!


PS - Thanks for staying at that Holiday Inn Express.  It left a little more beach for me and my equine friends!  

:-)














No comments:

Post a Comment